Saturday 14 April 2007

Beauty

My philosophy in life is to live as though there's no to-morrow. One can only imagine the disappointment I experience time and time again - at least, up till now - when I wake up to the fact that yet another dawn has, well er, dawned on us. I comfort myself with the thought that the recurring of dawn satisfies an innate human desire for structure & predictability, and that my disappointment in that light viewed should not weigh so heavily as to make me want to slit my wrists, or do something equally foolish. I have been accused of being suicidal in the not-so-distant past, perhaps it's sensible not to joke about such a serious matter lest that person should read this and put two and two together.

At any rate, life is like a fluffy cloud, and I'm like a hydrogen molecule floating upward toward the sun. I have actually never felt better. I suspect it's because I've gained a new appreciation for "the real world". I have spent a considerable time living, breathing, thinking in a virtual world. A world of books, and ether. A few weeks back my eyes suddenly opened themselves and I saw life smiling at me, and waving me hello enthusiastically. I could no longer neglect it.

So, I'm taking life out for dinner; to say thanks. I wish I knew what could allay its appetite.

No comments: