Wednesday 17 January 2007

The Girl with the Red Shoes

I have just got home from watching a dance recital (D'un soir un jour; based on the intricate yet, clear impressionism of Claude DeBussy, with music by DeBussy, Stravinsky & George Benjamin) with a friend. Well. What can I say. The reviews in the foreign press were amazing, unfortunately the piece itself did not live up to the warm praise. I found it tame, and rather lacking in vigour. The dancers appeared even more listless & tired than I was. I nodded off several times; I wish they had done so, too. The more I attend these nodules of modern art, the more I realize that art is quite dead. If not dead, than at least moribund, and anxiously awaiting death by any means. In this case death by the able hands of Rosas (www.rosas.be)

I had a fun evening, nevertheless. I have got to know several fresh acquaintances better, and found it refreshing to divert my mind.

No comments: