Monday 4 December 2006

Murky

So, to-morrow I'm going to the Boijmans van Beuningen Museum with a colleague-slash-potential-friend. I have been looking forward to this little outing for several days now, and am slightly nervous since this will be our first time hanging out in a totally non-work related environment. It never crossed my mind until recently to socialize with colleagues outside of work; it was simply unthinkable. Most of the people I have worked with were, in some form or other, nauseatingly annoying... and it was my policy to keep colleagues out of my private sphere. But this policy was chucked right out of the window when I started working for the ZDG Group; since my getting this job involved a clean act of nepotism, on the one hand, and a clean display of my worth, on the other. Tainted it was from the get-go; so why fuss with policies that are there to be changed?

I wonder how it will go. I will probably write a full report on how the day went.

Of course, you opted for a knife
The sharp end of which is so versatile
One can cut, sever, dissect a smile
To save, or simply end a life.

He can't be a hero all the time.

Naturally you possessed a wicked eye
For tendons, nerves, & spines
Your tongue could carve the perfect lie
& whisper neatly between the lines:

You can't be a whore all the time.

No comments: